"The Fan"

by Rakesh Leel 



Winter


During this season I'm just chilling,

While mom does the mandatory Diwali cleaning.

In your motor, car, laptop or hair dryer, I reside,

Calibrated one to five, which number to keep, you decide.

I'm a rotating fan that blows the smell of food during marriages in winter,

While you, shakingly, trying to avoid the drop of rasgulla on your sweater.


Summer


I might be mercurial, that may have taken many hostel lives,

Watching me in the day, nodding your head in circle, the time flies.

Hand-fan is a familiar name for me at the local kiosk,

Office goers associate me with the flying papers amidst a task.

Occasionally required if you stay near the sea,

But the very speed can cold out your warm tea.


Monsoon


Been slowed down a little bit and soaked some moisture,

Mostly ignoring me is a common gesture.

Somewhere far I dispense nesting to pigeon,

Absenteeism of me leads a basement to a smelly dungeon.

CFC's AC might have sidelined me over the time, lighting earth with the flame,

But still the process of drying your underwear, beneath me remains the same.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts